DON'T MISS A THING
1914 Association Dr.
Reston, VA 20191
FAX (703) 860-0353
ITEEA's 76th Annual Conference
March 27- 29, 2014
TRANSPORTATION TO AND AROUND MILWAUKEE
Milwaukee offers a wide variety of convenient transportation options that make it easy to get from A to Z and all points in between.
When it comes to getting around, there’s no comparison between Milwaukee and its larger metropolitan counterparts. Whether you’re looking to travel into or out of the city, or just around downtown, Milwaukee offers a multitude of choices that make transportation hassle free.
Driving Directions to the Hilton Milwaukee
From the West (Madison):
Follow I-94 East to I-794 Eastbound(310-C), Exit
James Lovell Street (1-H), Turn Right onto W Michigan
Street, Turn Left onto 5th Street.
From the North (Green Bay):
Follow I-43 South, Exit Highland Ave, Turn Left onto
Highland Ave, Turn Right onto 6th Street, Turn Left
onto Michigan Ave, Turn Left onto 5th Street.
From the South (Chicago):
Follow I-94 West to I-94 West/I-43 North, Exit Michigan
Ave 72-A, Turn Left onto 5th Street.
Airport to Hilton Milwaukee
Shuttle operators provide door-to-door airport service to hotels and all other locations in southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Go Riteway Transportation Group
Taxi service is available via the taxi pickup station located outside of Baggage Claim 3. Cross the Baggage Claim roadway, and follow the signs to the taxi land behind the rental car area.
General Mitchell International Airport
- Just eight miles from downtown
- Ranked among the top fastest growing airports in the world
- U.S. Department of Transportation data ranks Mitchell's average fare significantly less than the nation's average.
- Ranked by Conde Nast as one of the top five business airports three years in a row
- Eight on-premise auto rental agencies
- Taxi fare from airport to downtown hotels is approximately $21 each way
- Convenient, low-cost airport shuttle services are available 24 hours through Go Riteway Transportation, see www.goriteway.com
Getting Around Town – Easy and Convenient
With city streets laid out in a grid pattern, finding your way between convention center, hotels and downtown attractions is hassle free for even the first-time visitor. Downtown Milwaukee offers affordable and convenient parking in and around the Frontier Airlines Center for day meeting attendees.
- The City of Milwaukee ranks among the nation’s most walkable cities, according to www.walkscore.com earning Milwaukee’s city center the designation of “Walker’s Paradise”.
- Public Bus Transportation: Milwaukee County Transit, www.ridemcts.com.
Milwaukee Intermodal Station (Amtrak, Greyhound, Wisconsin Coach Lines to O’Hare)
- Amtrak – Just 90 Minutes from Chicago, see http://www.amtrak.com
- Only five blocks from the Frontier Airlines Center. Recent $17 million renovation featuring a glass-enclosed galleria
- Convenient, multiple round trips daily between Milwaukee and Chicago’s Union Station. Connections can be made at Chicago to more than 500 cities nationwide.
- General Mitchell International is one of the few U.S. airports to include an Amtrak station. A free shuttle bus connects rail passengers to the airport.
- Greyhound hub, see http://www.greyhound.com
- Bus Service to Chicago Airports: Wisconsin Coachlines provides a relaxing and stress-free ride to Midway or O'Hare Airports. http://www.coachusa.com/wisconsincoach/
The Lake Express Ferry is a state-of-the-art vessel linking Milwaukee with Muskegon, Michigan. The two-hour trip offers passengers a faster and more direct route than driving south around Lake Michigan through the Chicago area. http://www.lake-express.com
Milwaukee is conveniently located 100 miles north of Chicago at the intersection of I-94 and I-43. The award-winning $810 million Marquette Interchange completed in 2008 assures optimal downtown highway traffic flow. If you drive into downtown Milwaukee, check http://www.parkmilwaukee.com/ for parking information.
Need Some Help?
If you would like to make your travel arrangements through a travel agent, you may contact ITEEA's agent below:
$29.00 per ticket issued. Danny will find you the most economical flights available, but you should BOOK EARLY!